Sunday, June 1, 2008

3D!!!

Okay, you've seen the sketch, now here's the real thing:



I made a 3d version of the chandelier piece just to see how it would look. I really like it, but I need to work on the material since it's hard to cut because it's so thick.

I hope to make it in a variety of colors and materials since they are simple, easy to ship, and easy to put together. My intended use is some sort of simple centerpiece in smokey acryllic, or a decoration on a buffet for a fancy party or whatever. In Acryllic, it should be strong enough to put a plate on. In paper, you can attach things like actual crystals hanging below the "candels" or drape necklaces on it to make it sparkle. It's a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks great!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Those are interesting. I can see them being used for weddings and also a couple hanging from the ceiling in a little girls room with toole and sparkly bits hanging from it. Cool! :D

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Just gorgeous work!